Sunday 3 April 2011

The Wooden Box


(By Dylan Hart)

Sitting by the pool of fire
Mesmerised upon the rocks
Thinking that we're all liars
Hidden in the wooden box

Just like you, I'm a slave
To this world and its decay
Did you take what it gave
I took it without Delay

I knew a man that lived alone
Who tried to do what he could
In his house made of stone
Pride, pity, straw and wood

Ive been stuck in this dream
For so long that its real
Its all stranger than it seems
I forgot how life feels

The flowing fountain slowed
And trickled away
The drained river showed
A pathway to yesterday

Walking down the stone stairs
That have become exposed
My mouth fills with prayers
But i try to keep it closed

Half buried next to the bank
Was a box that was locked
I grabbed it as it sank
Into the mud and the rocks

It tried to take me too
As the water began to rise
Trying to pull me through
Until I opened my eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Mike, please don't techno it :P
    It's to good to techno...
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Techno? I hate bloody techno why do you think I would be doing a techno remix on his songs?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't that your original plan? haha

    ReplyDelete